May 20, 2020
Dear Seniors & Families,
As we plan for our virtual graduation please know that PHS staff are trying to make this a special experience for you all. We will have a virtual graduation to be aired on June 16th at 5:30 PM. In order to personalize the virtual graduation we will feature pictures and videos of students dressed in their caps and gowns. Beginning next Tuesday, May 26th, students can sign up to come to PHS to have their photo taken under our beautiful tower. In addition, students will be filmed walking across a stage and turning their tassel. All these pieces will come together to make our virtual graduation special for students and families.
Please see below for strict guidelines that we all need to follow to keep each other safe and ensure we can continue to plan creative ways to celebrate our seniors.
There is a signup genius link for seniors to come to campus, and only 2 students will be allowed outside of their cars at a time. I want to stress...this is a quick photo/video opportunity. Students may not remain on campus or gather with others. Parents must remain in their cars. The individual student pictures we take will be made available to parents at a later date.
Thank you for your understanding. The class of 2020 is an amazing group, and I am grateful we are able to offer them this opportunity to come to the PHS campus in their caps and gowns.
PHS Senior Virtual Graduation Photo Days
- All students will need to enter the front circle from Houghton Street and give their name to the staff member at the circle entrance. Next, the student will pull up to the flagpole area, turn off their vehicle and exit the car. While one student is getting their picture taken another student may check in.Cars will have to wait their turn on Houghton Street. Please do your best to be on time for your appointment. No other entrance will be accessible.
- Any students coming on foot will need to check in with a staff member at the Houghton entrance to the circle before walking on campus.
- Students will participate in photo stations in the courtyard. Once the student completes their graduation photos/videos, they need to return to their car immediately and exit the circle. Students are not allowed to gather or remain on campus.
- Please adhere to social distancing and CDC guidelines while at PHS
- When arriving for virtual graduation photo days please remember to keep Social Distance. Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home.
Practice Social or Physical Distancing
Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people
Wear a face covering at all times
Do not gather in groups
Since people can spread the virus before they know they are sick, it is important to stay away from others when possible, even if you—or they—have no symptoms.
If you are not feeling well and/or are experiencing symptoms, please do not come to PHS. We will reschedule your picture at a later date or you may submit it online.
In the case of inclement weather, we may not be able to take photos. Check your email and PHS social media for updates. Missed appointments will be rescheduled so all students have the opportunity to get their pictures taken.
Students have the option to participate in the virtual graduation photo days. If you are not able or do not feel comfortable coming to campus, you can take your own picture and submit it online before Friday, May 29.
Link to upload your own files:
Link to Virtual Background if you wish to use it:
Link to sign up for an Appointment:
- Princton High School