Welcome to Transportation
Students are under the authority of the driver of the school bus while being transported to and from school. Any serious infraction of the rules must be reported by the driver to the principal of the school which the students attends and to the transportation supervisor The life of the student and all others on the bus is at stake and no conduct can be tolerated that might jeopardize safe travel to and from school. All proper legal steps will be taken to see that the established regulations are enforced.
Welcome back to a new school year!
Transportation reminders for the start of school:
- Some stop locations may have been changed this school year to accommodate more students. Please note that some bus numbers have also changed.
- All students should be at their designated school bus stop 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time, we ask that all families please give transportation, schools, and students a good two weeks for all the routes to adjust to have more consistent pickups and drop off times.
- Please be patient while waiting. We know you are excited. However, fluctuations in schedules happen due to road conditions, detours, accidents, etc. If your child has waited longer than 10 minutes and the scheduled pickup time has passed by at least 5 minutes; please contact the Transportation Office.
- Masking is optional but recommended while on District transportation.
- While waiting to unload at schools, children must stay in their seats, and remain buckled. Students should not get out of their seats and mingle with others.
- Lost items on buses, if found, will be held by the driver at the front of the bus. Have your child speak to the driver the next time that they ride, so they may claim their item.
- It is important that our drivers can concentrate on driving the route safely. If anything makes your child feel unsafe at the bus stop or on the bus ride, please contact us at the transportation department, rather than trying to discuss it at the bus stop.
We are deeply committed to the safety of your child/children as well as all of our community’s children. Have a wonderful new school year!
Princeton Public Schools
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find out information about the Cranbury late bus PHS students?