Dear JP Parents and Families:
Happy New Year! I hope you and your families have enjoyed the holiday season.
As we begin our new year together, we continue to struggle with COVID-19 challenges and the threat of some inclement weather. I wanted to provide some information so that we can be prepared for the days and weeks ahead.
Crisis-Go TODAY! After 5 pm today, all students and staff members are to complete CrisisGo so that we can assess and monitor any potential situations that we need to address. THANK YOU for completing CrisisGo today! You will receive your link after 5 pm.
In-person Instruction. As of right now, we are opening tomorrow, in-person, with our normal schedule. However, that could change based on staffing issues and/or guidance from the state/county/town health departments. While the Princeton Health Department is confident that we are safe to return to school in person, my biggest worry is having enough staff to cover our classrooms. This could vary from day to day over the next several weeks. I may have to switch a classroom from in-person to remote learning as a last-minute option if I am not able to have a substitute cover the class. This is obviously my last resort. While I hope this does not happen, I am being very realistic with the number of positive COVID-19 cases that continue to affect our staff members, across the district. Should this decision have to be made, I will try to give as much advance notice as possible.
Lunch Service. We were notified today that COVID-19 has significantly impacted our food services department. We will still provide breakfast and lunch to our students, but the menu options may change. If you are able to pack a lunch for your child over the next week, that would greatly help with the demand on our cafeteria staff. If we cannot provide lunch service, the district may have to implement early release days, but again, we are hoping to find creative solutions so that our students can remain in our buildings for a full day.
Health and Safety Reminders. It is so very important that we all abide by the recommended health and safety protocols implemented in the district:
- PLEASE complete CrisisGo every morning before 8 am! PLEASE!
- If your child is not feeling well, PLEASE keep them home, complete CrisisGo, indicating the appropriate symptoms that your child is experiencing, and await further guidance from Nurse Liz.
- If your child is unvaccinated and someone in your house is COVID-19 positive, awaiting test results, or showing symptoms, PLEASE keep your child home and reach out to Nurse Liz for guidance.
- If you have traveled, PLEASE follow the guidance that Nurse Liz has provided. If she has asked for receipt of a negative test result before returning to school, please be sure she receives that information TODAY! If you have not reported your travel over Winter Break with Nurse Liz, please reach out to her TODAY!
- The CDC is asking that we wear either surgical or KN95/N95 masks. Please be sure your child comes to school with a tight-fitting mask on—and with a few extras in their bookbag. We want to be sure that students are wearing their mask on the bus and at school, at all times.
- Surveillance testing is available for students. Parents should complete the registration and consent process on the district website. At JP, we test on Tuesdays. Please complete the registration today if you want your child on the list for Tuesday.
I am anticipating a very busy week with monitoring COVID-19 cases, symptoms, and potential isolation/quarantine situations. If you have any questions, or need to report an absence or a situation, please do not hesitate to reach out. JP’s main number is 609-806-4240. I really appreciate your honesty and transparency. We need to continue to stay committed to the health and safety of our children, our staff and our community as we navigate through this surge. Thank you for your cooperation and support. I wish you good health in the days and weeks ahead of us.
Angela Siso Stentz
- Johnson Park News