Project Child Find
Project Child Find is a free referral service and public awareness campaign to assist in the identification of children and youth with a delay or disability from birth through twenty-one years of age. For more information, please see the appropriate link below.
You can also call New Jersey Project Child Find at 1-800-322-8174. For additional information about the New Jersey Project Child Find please see the following:
New Jersey Early Intervention for Infants and Toddlers
(Birth Through Age Three)
Parents or guardians who are concerned that your infant or toddler is delayed in reaching developmental milestones, you may want to consider an evaluation through New Jersey Early Intervention services. For information about an evaluation and services that could support your child, call 888-653-4463. The call is toll-free for New Jersey residents.
For additional information about New Jersey’s Early Intervention services Click Here
If you need additional information about developmental milestones for infants and toddlers please see the following –
Child Find for Preschool Children Age Three Through Five
Parents and guardians who are concerned that their toddler might be delayed in reaching developmental milestones are encouraged to reach out for assistance to the Princeton Public School’s Preschool Child Study Team. If you are noticing concerns in any of the following areas, please contact our Child Study Team for a possible evaluation and services to support your child prior to entering kindergarten:
- Communication of wants and needs
- Identifying common objects
- Difficulty learning new skills
- Difficulty answering questions
- Difficulty following directions
- Avoids playing with other children
- Has behavior that is very active, unusual or difficult to manage
- Has tantrums that the frequency and length are not typical for the child’s age
- Has difficulty walking or running
- Has difficulty holding small objects
- Does not respond to familiar sounds
For more information and to contact the Preschool Child Study Team please call the Student Services Office at (609) 806-4206.