New Superintendent Profile Report
October 27, 2020
Princeton School District Profile of the Desired New Superintendent
- Is highly visible, personable, transparent, approachable, accessible and open-minded.
- Is an outstanding visionary leader who can inspire and empower others; leads in the development of long-range planning to maintain a high level of academic and operational success of the district
- Has understanding of the equity issues facing the Princeton community and has experience dealing with equity issues in school/community settings
- Is understanding of the effects demographic shifts have on schools and academic environments
- Is able to empower staff members with targeted professional development to deal with the issue of changing demographics and enrollments
- Is understanding of school finance and is able to plan appropriately
- Is a team-builder with high expectations who holds people accountable, yet is supportive, collaborative, and trust-building
- Is aware of the need for community involvement; makes the Princeton area their home and part of their fabric
- Is an outstanding communicator who understands the importance of letting families and community members know about the great things happening in the Princeton School District, but also listens to concerns that need to be addressed
October 5, 2020
Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey and the focus groups. The survey is now closed. A focus group for the community is scheduled for Monday evening at 7 PM and the Zoom link has been provided to everyone who signed up to participate.
September 12, 2020
Dear PPS Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
The Princeton Public Schools Board of Education has begun the search process for a new superintendent. As you may be aware, Dr. Barry Galasso is leading the district on an interim basis. We have selected School Exec Connect, an educational search firm, to assist us in this process.
OPEN FORUMS (Virtual)
In addition to the survey, if you would like to provide input on the district’s strengths, the district’s challenges, and the characteristics the next superintendent should possess, School Exec Connect consultants invite you to attend a virtual open forum for PPS parents, guardians and community members on Monday, October 5, at 4:30 PM. To sign up, please click here. You will receive the Zoom link for the virtual open forum via email prior to October 5.
Findings from the survey, the open forums, and focus group conversations will be used to develop a New Superintendent Profile that will be reported to the Board on October 27, 2020.
As we move forward, our most important consideration is securing the strongest candidate pool and ultimately the best person to lead our district. To that end, the Board of Education has decided to conduct a confidential search. The Board of Education looks forward to your support and assistance with this very important undertaking.
Please feel free to email the lead consultant assisting us if you have any questions or comments regarding the search: Dr. Kevin O’Mara email@example.com. We look forward to your input as we search for a new superintendent to lead the Princeton Public Schools.
AN INVITATION TO THE COMMUNITY
PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF
A NEW SUPERINTENDENT PROFILE
AS PART OF THE PRINCETON PUBLIC SCHOOLS’
NEW SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH!
The New Superintendent Profile will be submitted to
the Board of Education on October 27, 2020.
VIRTUAL OPEN FORUMS
If you would like to provide input on the district’s strengths, the district’s challenges, and the characteristics the next superintendent should possess, School Exec Connect consultants invite you to attend one of two virtual open forums for the PPS community on Monday, October 5.
To sign up, please click here. You will receive the Zoom link for the virtual open forum via email prior to October 5.
Dr. Kevin O’Mara, search consultant
School Exec Connect