Advancing a Course Level
PHS 3-Year Research Program
The PHS 3-Year Research Program is now accepting applications. This program is geared towards students who are interested in pursuing their own independent scientific research project. All current freshmen are eligible to apply. The application will require a writing sample, recommendation form from a teacher, and article reading/questions (to be conducted at Tiger Time on 1/27 or at break on 1/29). Students should be independent and highly motivated to pursue a science project. Please see Ms. Smolyn (Room 270), Ms. Katz (Room 280) or Mr. Eastburn (Room 287) for a copy of the application and reach out if you have any questions!
Research Program Opportunities
- The WISE program is a 2 week program at Rutgers Waksman Institute to study the genetics of the duckweed plant.
- The Science Honors Program at Columbia University runs on Saturdays throughout the school year and exposes students to many different fields.
- Group Summer Scholars Research Program at Kean University.
- Rutgers University Summer QuarkNet Program 2020
- High School Summer Institute at Drexel University College of Engineering
- Virtual Summer STEM Institute (SSI) is an online summer program designed to help students develop the scientific literacy and data science skills they need as technology and science continue to transform every industry. The program consists of a data science/research bootcamp, Masterclass lecture series, and mentored research project.